Brooks first joined Diversified in 1996 as an Underwriter for self-funded health plans. He then shifted into Employee Benefit Sales and in 2003 was named Vice President of Sales. In 2005 Brooks became President of the organization.
His responsibilities include – Sales, Strategic Planning, Account Management, Leadership, Specialty Pharmacy Program Management and Business Development. He leads all aspects of the organization’s TPA services and its supporting organizations, including its Managed Care Division (Corporate Managed Health Services – CMHS), its Worksite Wellness & Health Promotion Division (Corporate Fitness & Health – CF&H) and the Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Division (DGB Rx).
It seems, to Brooks, that over the years Diversified has had to adapt to many challenges their clients were facing, and also to the demands of healthcare reform in more recent years. He feels that the organization has succeeded at this as more and more clients have grown to depend on them for information and guidance.
One challenge facing clients and employees alike is the rising cost of healthcare, which can be almost unmanageable at times. Brooks believes it is their responsibility to effectively help clients better deal with this issue. Diversified has also had to specialize in compliance in order to help clients comply with these ever-changing requirements.
Brooks weighed in on the impact Diversified has on its clients and members…
“We provide transparency of cost and risk to the employer. Our consulting services provide the expertise and experience to help clients manage costs and risks which empower them to serve their employees and their bottom line. We are constantly looking for better ways to deliver information to members and the connectivity required for the sophisticated plans of today.
Offering this level of expertise, cost transparency and assistance to brokers, advisors, employers and plan members makes Diversified Group a valuable partner.
- AS in Business Administration from Johnson and Wales in Providence, RI
- BA in Public Relations and Promotion with a Minor in Marketing from Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, CT
- Health & Life Insurance Licenses in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont
Year Joined Diversified Group
Community and Industry Involvement
- Brooks is on the Advisory Board for both The Phia Group and Advanced Medical Strategies. He is also actively involved with the Self-Insurance Institute of America (SIIA) and the Society of Professional Benefit Administrators (SPBA). He does speaking engagements with Berkley Accident and Health in their Group Health Captive Symposium, as well as for The Phia Group at their Phia Forum.
Outside the Office Interests
- Brooks likes to spend time with his wife, Kim, and his three children – Aleia, Laina and Pearce. They reside in Connecticut and spend most of their free time with the kids and their sports and singing pursuits. When they can, they all enjoy spending time on the water in the summers and skiing in the winter months.
Favorite Vacation Spot
- Brooks and his family have two favorite vacation spots – Block Island in Rhode Island and The Cayman Islands.
Favorite Sport and Team
- College Basketball – Brooks loves the UCONN Huskies!